Thursday, January 1, 2009

Octoberfest with Kathy and Ian

Laurits and I were able to sneak away for a much needed weekend to visit Kathy and Ian. We had a wonderful nursing student from George Fox come and help my mom so I was able to relax knowing she was well cared for.
While we were there we enjoyed a fabulous day in Levenworth. It was their Octoberfest weekend so it was crowded but we enjoyed the whole atmosphere. I think we eat our way from one end of the town to the other. Kathy has all the pictures in her camera sooooooooo I have nothing to show - (Kathy I thought you were sharing some pictures).
On our way out of town we stopped at the Stocker Farms Corn Maze and deceided to try our skills at navigating the puzzle. This was a big risk because if we had gotten hopelessly lost it would have made us very late getting home. We asked some people how long it took and the average seemed to be about 30 minutes. We set a goal of 15 minutes - and thanks to Ian's and my excellent map reading skills we made it in 18 minutes. Had we not made on wrong turn (I am sure it was at Laurits or Kathy's suggestion) we would have made it in 15 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurie and I could've made it through in 12 minutes, maybe even 10....

;)

Babs said...

hmmmm sounds like a challenge is in store when you move back to the area.